Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Blog - Snapshots of a Disaster (Moata)

Snapshots of a disaster

Last updated 14:52 04/03/2011
 
 
There's no denying that it's been an amazing week and a half. I can barely hold on to all the unusual, sad, hilarious, terrifying and life-altering things that have happened to me in that time. Certainly writing some of it down in the form of this blog has helped, as has capturing it in photographs. Most of my photos are, as you would imagine, images of fallen down buildings and horribly cracked roads, however there are other things as well. The odd. The striking. Here is just a selection of images that provide a taste of what life has been like since 12.51pm, February 22, 2011.

A little while after the quake, standing outside my workplace. I would not usually post a photo of myself with such an unattractive facial expression but this sort of captures how I was feeling at the time. The Silver Fox turned up right after this. Note the liquefaction bubbling up at my feet. (photo by my friend Tulip).

Immediately after leaving my workplace we went to my house where I gathered some essential supplies before decamping to my mum's house.

This photo (again by Tulip) shows me standing in my kitchen. I look sort of amused by the whole thing but actually I was in shock and didn't know what I was supposed to be doing, thinking or feeling.

For the rest of this blog post and photos, go to the link above.

No comments:

Post a Comment